Google+





Thursday, February 14, 2008

Tintin Lead Role is Cast? Kirsten Myburgh Tapped...

**SAME DAY UPDATE: I have heard backed from my trusted source from within the James Cameron camp and I am posting a separate post right now to cover it.

According to LeTinTinMovie.com they have read on IMDB that Kirsten Myburgh has been tapped for the lead role of Tintin in the trilogy of movies of the same name directed by Steven Spielberg, Peter Jackson and well LeTinTinMovie claims that James Cameron is the third director.

I find that hard to believe. Cameron is up to his eyebrows in the Avatar effort and even though directing Tintin would not take a heckuva long time (performance capture - animation). I doubt this very much. Now it could be that they have their wires crossed and someone like Jackson, Spielberg or Zemeckis is USING THE AVATAR GREEN SCREEN SET for the filming of Tintin (hence confusion that Cameron is directing). I mean, all the 3D equipment is there and tweaked - ready to go - it makes sense. But Cameron as the third Tintin director? Not gonna happen - at least on the first one. I'll check with my sources, but I'm shaking my head.

I do not have the upgraded membership at IMDB and I am really not that interested in paying for something that should be free so I cannot confirm this yet. It could very well be that he is simply reading the comments section where just about anything is written, supported or not. Even the information in the DB could be suspect at times.

We should have more information soon - I'll keep you updated!

Contact Me

Jim Dorey
Editor-in-Chief
jim (at) marketsaw (dot) com

All contents Copyright © 2006-2021, MarketSaw Media. All Rights Reserved. All copyrights and trademarks on this website belong to their respective owners.