Google+





Wednesday, January 20, 2010

EXCLUSIVE: GHOSTBUSTERS Going 3D!

Jim here. If you want a tentpole, in your neighborhood, Who ya gonna call? Stereographers!!

Yes - I have word from one of my top sources that a friend of his at a certain well known effects house (I can't say who it is, but their initials are ILM) said that GHOSTBUSTERS 3 is proceeding as planned - but - with the added benefit of stereoscopic 3D!

I am digging for more intel and hopefully will have it soon. As you can tell, I love the franchise - the first is the best of course.

I don't know about you - and maybe you were too young to have enjoyed the first two in theaters, but GHOSTBUSTERS took us by storm! It was infectious and hilarious. Personally, if the script is funny and the originals at least make cameos or more, than I am very happy. I just hope it doesn't suck. I hope the introduction to this generation is at least as successful as the first was.

Sony's Columbia Pictures has Lee Eisneberg and Gene Stupnitsky penning the script. Word has it that Bill Murray, Dan Ackroyd, Harold Ramis, Ernie Hudson and Sigourney Weaver are all returning - but I have no intel on that or anything further as of yet.

I would have liked to have heard that conversation around the Reitman holiday table what with Jason Reitman set quite firmly against stereoscopic 3D. Ivan must still carry a lot of weight though - 3D is coming and it is going to be as big as the Stay Puft Marshmellow Man.

Someone has got to pull Jason aside and tell 'em: "I ain't afraid of no depth."
Just sayin'.

Contact Me

Jim Dorey
Editor-in-Chief
jim (at) marketsaw (dot) com

All contents Copyright © 2006-2021, MarketSaw Media. All Rights Reserved. All copyrights and trademarks on this website belong to their respective owners.