Google+





Tuesday, September 18, 2012

James Gunn Confirmed As Director Of GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY

The rumor mill has been proven correct on this one. Director James Gunn will indeed helm the anticipated GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY for Marvel Studios. Of course he will be working closely with the mighty overseer Joss Whedon, but all of that is a good thing.

Will we see Thanos in GotG?

Here's Gunn's statement from his Facebook page:


"For a month or so there’s been a lot of Internet speculation about my involvement with Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy. Until now I haven’t said anything, because I’m trying to be less expulsive about this project than I am about the rest of my life. But last night I got the go-ahead from Kevin Feige to let you all know that, yes, indeed, I am rewriting and directing Guardians of the Galaxy. As a lifelong lover of Marvel comics, space epics, AND raccoons, this is the movie I’ve been waiting to make since I was nine years old. Kevin, Joss, and all the folks at Marvel have been amazing collaborators so far, and we’re committed to bringing you something majestic, beautiful, and unique. I am incredibly excited. I am also incredibly grateful to the fans and the press for all their words of encouragement and support regarding my involvement with this project since the news first leaked. Thanks – you have, honestly, touched and overwhelmed me. And that’s it for now. Other than the occasional photos of my dog and cat here on Facebook, I’ll talk to you again in August 2014 when Guardians is released!"

For all of our GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY coverage, click here. Stay tuned!

Contact Me

Jim Dorey
Editor-in-Chief
jim (at) marketsaw (dot) com

All contents Copyright © 2006-2021, MarketSaw Media. All Rights Reserved. All copyrights and trademarks on this website belong to their respective owners.