Google+





Friday, November 02, 2012

EXCLUSIVE: More Secret Details Revealed From My Original STAR WARS Source! SKYWALKER Returns Again!!

Ok guys, by now you know of my history with this particular source and the stellar information that has been given us about STAR WARS way back in 2009. We remain in touch to which I am deeply grateful. Again this source has spoken up about what we can now expect from the Disney / Lucasfilm tandem in the coming years, and it is all very, VERY exciting.

Here is what my source has told me, some segments and some word for word, from his email I just received:

"Disney now has the power to make STAR WARS films, and everything else in the Lucasfilm archives. The movies I told you about are indeed the primary focus. Luke Skywalker is a primary focus, as are many of the original trilogy cast. Disney also realised that George Lucas and STAR WARS are one and the same, so George will certainly have a voice on any angle taken, in fact I believe it's one of many stipulations. However he will no longer have creative control, and as I said before George was already looking at other creative talents to bring his canon to life back before Disney and Lucasfilm really started negotiating (or at least to the best of my knowledge)..."

Hit the jump for more...

 

"Way back when I told you about the new movie trilogy planned, I never explained to you that they were being rewritten from previously secret drafts from way back during the making of the original trilogy. The main problem was the age of the cast, and the tone of the story. Now I do believe that Walt Disney intend on playing to the cultural significance of that original trilogy. You will see a tone more in line with the original trilogy, and specifically featuring that cast, if everything shakes out as intended. Which it will, I promise you.

You can expect to hear more news on the live action TV show in the near future, as the scripts already written will be absorbed in some way into a TV format. The nature of the show and the technical requirements needed to meet a TV budget and schedule are pretty ambitious. Basically they are 45 minute long feature films. With concepts that are very ambitious and the fact that it focuses on characters that are not known and are completely different to what people may have in mind about a STARWARS TV show. This was the problem at the time, and I am pretty sure this is still a problem. At least on the live action front. I am told that soon there will be some kind of material released relating to shot footage and tests on that concept. So look out for that.

A NEW DAWN.

I don't believe the empire was completely destroyed by the end of Return of the Jedi.

Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Chewbacca, Princess Leia, C3PO and R2D2 are I am assured to feature prominently in the new trilogy, as was always the idea. Apparently some have already been approached. Quite a while back too to my understanding. Hamill is a certainty.

There are two trilogies planned, all following an original overview by Lucas, which was always planned as a multi generational saga. Movies 10 - 12 are from my understanding
about the offspring of the Skywalkers, set many years later with the surviving cast playing much older versions of themselves and featuring a female protagonist named Skywalker. This is something
that I understand is being discussed as the latest trilogy may end up being an amalgamation of the two using themes and ideas from both, but still keeping the general story, also allowing for continuity of cast.

The movies from what I understand will adopt the Harry Potter model, and will be aggressively brought to the forefront of popular entertainment once again with consistent installments. This is just for starters though, especially for those who hold the original trilogy in high regard, they should be happy. You can expect lovingly restored prints of the original trilogy to surface in the near future. That's a no brainer. I along with the rest of the world want those movies in their original glory. Disney are all over that, believe me.

From my understanding the movies that follow will be far more in line with the original trilogy in regards to tone and method, and from the few names I have heard being banded around I am very excited, as they are all choices that I think people will get behind.

- Steven Speilberg, who may actually get to direct his episode of STARWARS after all.

- Neil Blomkamp, District 9, Elysium.

- Alfonso Cuarón, Children of Men, Gravity (which is a masterpiece by the way) When I was told this name, I said that's the guy.

- Matthew Vaughn. Kick Ass, First Class.

- Darren Arnofsky, The Fountain, Noah. (very popular candidate) and has been for a while.

- Joss Whedon. Serenity, The Avengers. That could work as Joss is currently overseeing Marvels next onslaught under the Disney Banner, but don't hold your breath for a directing gig for many years down the line. He may well have his part to play though ;-)

So very exciting times ahead if you are a STARWARS fan, and especially if you are an original trilogy fan.

Watch this space."

WOW. VERY interesting!! HUGE opportunities for the franchise and look at the names being considered at the top of Lucasfilm!

You can count of this information as being 100% accurate as of NOW. Of course things can change over time, but the main thrust remains - just look at the info given to us 3 years ago - it all still happened: Next trilogy in 3D in development and Lucas not directing.

So you can discount those rumors of a complete detachment from the original trilogy with the sequels 7, 8 and 9... and even 10, 11 and 12 with the second generation of Skywalkers! Stay with the best source for STAR WARS information on the interwebs today: MarketSaw!!

More the second I get it!

Contact Me

Jim Dorey
Editor-in-Chief
jim (at) marketsaw (dot) com

All contents Copyright © 2006-2021, MarketSaw Media. All Rights Reserved. All copyrights and trademarks on this website belong to their respective owners.