Google+





Saturday, November 16, 2013

The Force Of GRAVITY: $500 Million In Box Office And Still Climbing


What can I say that I haven't said already? If you haven't seen GRAVITY yet in theaters, get out and enjoy. Beyond that, what a remarkable achievement for Alfonso Cuaron and Warner Bros. The movie will hit $500 million in worldwide box office this weekend and is still drawing in the crowds and has already pulled ahead of STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS in receipts.

Look for GRAVITY to hit ~$260 million domestically and ~$300 million in foreign markets for a nice ~$560 million take PLUS CHINA. I haven't included China in the mix here but I expect big things from them, especially with their IMAX screens. Is expecting a $600 million a long shot? I don't think so. We'll see.

Anyway, I'm just so thrilled with the success of a movie that deserves to be successful! Cuaron nailed it. I wish the movie was longer because the time just flies when you're watching it, but really - it's a masterpiece.

We need more original stories like this with near perfect 3D and acting!

Contact Me

Jim Dorey
Editor-in-Chief
jim (at) marketsaw (dot) com

All contents Copyright © 2006-2021, MarketSaw Media. All Rights Reserved. All copyrights and trademarks on this website belong to their respective owners.