Google+





Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Ridley Scott To Shoot ALIEN Prequel in 3D? AVATAR At Comicon?

Jim here. Coming straight from the guy who should know, Tom Rothman (Co-chairman, Fox) IESB caught him confirming that Ridley Scott is looking at returning to the ALIEN franchise with a prequel to the original movie that started it all.

Here is what Rothman had to say about Scott and an ALIEN prequel: "There's been some talk. Ridley Scott, Ridley is right now working on Robin Hood, but I think he's toying with the idea and that would be great for us. I mean, it's always been a matter of, really, if you can get the originator to do it that would be the greatest thing, so I've got my fingers crossed, all of them."

I think I would only entertain an ALIEN prequel using either Scott or Cameron - but preferably Scott as he started the whole ball rolling and it has to led into the first movie effectively.

Rothman was not asked directly if it would be shot in 3D, but we know that Ridley was NOT interested in ever doing another SciFi until he saw Cameron's AVATAR in action. Then he signed up for THE FOREVER WAR in 3D. If everything stays the way things are lined up, I GUARAN-FREAKIN'TEE YOU that ALIEN will be in stereoscopic 3D.

I don't know about all of you, but I am estatic that such great quality directors are coming on board 3D and embracing it. Let's hope a Ridley Scott ALIEN 3D Prequel comes to be! Who, I say, who is up for that?

ALSO - Rothman was ADAMANT that if you want to see what he hinted strongly was AVATAR soon, than you have to be at Comicon. Guess what? San Diego is about to be inundated with rapid Cameron fans this August. I guaran-freakin'tee that too. :-)

Contact Me

Jim Dorey
Editor-in-Chief
jim (at) marketsaw (dot) com

All contents Copyright © 2006-2021, MarketSaw Media. All Rights Reserved. All copyrights and trademarks on this website belong to their respective owners.