Google+





Friday, December 17, 2010

More EPIC News! Red Epic Cameras To Be Used For Ridley Scott's ALIEN Prequels!

Wow. The RED EPIC digital camera has come a long way in the past couple of months! How is this for a lineup of blockbuster movies that will be utilizing the camera:

- THE HOBBIT - Peter Jackson
- SPIDER-MAN - Marc Webb

And now...
- ALIEN PREQUELS - Ridley Scott!

According to Jim Jannard, founder of RED, this is what cinematographer Dariusz Wolski (ON STRANGER TIDES, ALICE IN WONDERLAND, EAGLE EYE, CRIMSON TIDE) said recently: "In my opinion, the new Red Epic camera is about to revolutionize all spectrums of the film industry. I am going to use Epics in my new project directed by Ridley Scott. I am amazed with the quality of the image and the fact that you can shoot 5k at 120fps without compromising resolution, and most of all the size of the camera. Combined with the Element Technica Atom 3d rig, we will be able to shoot a 3d movie with the flexibility of a conventional cinema camera. I don't see anything that comes close to it at the moment. I can't even imagine the potential Epic will have on the big blockbuster industry as well as independent cinema."

That, my friends, is a resounding endorsement! We are seeing another mini revolution taking place here within the 3D industry - RED EPICS!! More when I get it... Thanks Mark!

Contact Me

Jim Dorey
Editor-in-Chief
jim (at) marketsaw (dot) com

All contents Copyright © 2006-2021, MarketSaw Media. All Rights Reserved. All copyrights and trademarks on this website belong to their respective owners.