Google+





Friday, February 12, 2010

Emmerich Channeling AVATAR For His Take On Asimov's FOUNDATION!!!

Jim here.WOW. I do believe there will be a few special effects in these movies! Roland Emmerich has announced he will direct a trilogy of movies based upon Isaac Asimov's FOUNDATION sci-fi books. If you are a sci-fi (and even if you are not) the name should ring a bell.

From MTV Movies Blog (emphasis is mine): Emmerich said. "It has to be done all CG because I would not know how to shoot this thing in real."

When asked if that meant 'Foundation' would be in 3-D and mo-cap, Emmerich replied, "Yes."

Probed even further, Emmerich said he's looking forward to a new challenge at this point in his career. "Probably now all big movies have to be 3-D," he said. "It's not only the effect of 3-D, ['Avatar' has] just shown that if you do a movie in 3-D, you can ask for more money and that's the trick. I think now everybody who does bigger movies has to shoot them in 3-D. I think there's no way around it. I was on the set of 'Avatar' and I saw how it worked and I really thought, 'That's the ultimate way of making movies.' "

Well I happen to agree with him!
Emmerich will apparently get his script by Friday from writer Robert Rodat (SAVING PRIVATE RYAN). Would love to have a copy of that...

I do believe science fiction has turned the corner now into S3D and not just that genre either. As Emmerich stated, all big movies will have to go 3D to stay competitive. :-)


I am a HUGE Asimov fan and seeing this trilogy under way is simply amazing! And in S3D? It will be breathtaking...

Contact Me

Jim Dorey
Editor-in-Chief
jim (at) marketsaw (dot) com

All contents Copyright © 2006-2021, MarketSaw Media. All Rights Reserved. All copyrights and trademarks on this website belong to their respective owners.