Google+





Tuesday, April 05, 2011

EXCLUSIVE: Update On Ridley Scott's Ultra Secretive PROMETHEUS!!

Hey guys! Got an exclusive update from one of my inside sources and in this case it is in turn from a source of his own, so take all of this with a grain of salt. But know this, my source here is one of my top taps of information so I am always excited to hear from him! Man I hope this is all true...

**WARNING POTENTIAL SPOILERS BELOW!!!

Do not read further unless you want to risk a pristine viewing experience of Ridley Scott's PROMETHEUS.


This is directly taken (mid email) from my source (emphasis is mine):

Be aware, there is a campaign of disinformation that is going to be used about this upcoming movie, I do not know that if inadvertently I am being used, however, the manner in which the conversation came about, I seriously doubt it.

Ridley Scott's sci-fi movie, currently going by the name Prometheus, is going to be a very large and intense story, with a scope that is epic, the final act is where the movie switches gears and shifts into Aliens territory. Pinewood houses an exact replica of the H R Giger Space Jockey command post. You may notice in the original Alien that the Space Jockey had a puncture on its considerably large chest, where the xenomorph broke out through the flesh of the creature and broke through the biomechanical armor it wears. You may also notice how big the Space Jockey is in relation to its human counter parts in the film. So imagine how big the baby must be, which is yet to grow. Then imagine quite a few of these. If you can do that, you got a pretty good grasp on the final act. And do not be expecting the traditional look either, these are very different creatures that will keep the general architecture of the xenomorph, but will have a considerably different look, and do very perverse things.

However, before all of this I hear that the story is not only reminiscent of 2001, but is also trying to push the boundaries of what a modern tent pole science fiction movie could be. This is all I can share, but trust me, you seriously need to start being excited about this project, because not only is this I am assured, not nostalgia for nostalgia reasons, but a whole new spin on that old chestnut.(Editor's note: I am definitely excited about this project! As many of you can attest I'm sure :-)

The story is a very closely guarded secret in Hollywood, and while it is not a direct prequel "officially" it has more than just passing ties towards the Alien saga's canon. You will have all the things that worked in the Alien canon, and very new and fresh and some controversial ideas presented, sexuality is dealt with quite directly. There may even be a robot or two. And the ship, which I am told is the current titles name, Prometheus. Highly original, both in concept and design I hear.

Man I can't wait to hear and see more about this project! We all know what Ridley Scott is capable of, and this is his beloved ALIEN universe!! It is beginning to sound like we are about to get everything we have ever wanted in a prequel.

So what do you think of the inside info?
Do you think it's true or "true rumor"? :-) Most of it holds water with me so time will tell. I assume that the prequels revisit the ALIEN star system Zeta 2 Reticuli.


Personally I think we may be shocked at what is in this movie.
Seriously shocked. I think there may be elements of sexuality never before explored in a major tentpole sci-fi before. My opinion of course, but look out. I am sooooo hoping for a 'hard R'.



Contact Me

Jim Dorey
Editor-in-Chief
jim (at) marketsaw (dot) com

All contents Copyright © 2006-2021, MarketSaw Media. All Rights Reserved. All copyrights and trademarks on this website belong to their respective owners.