Google+





Friday, August 12, 2011

Fincher's 20,000 LEAGUES UNDER THE SEA To Be 70% CG?

Wow. Seventy percent is a hefty number and if David Fincher can pull off that amount of CG in a compelling way (he certainly has the credentials) than 20,000 LEAGUES UNDER THE SEA should be an amazing movie.

Here's what Fincher had to say recently on the matter: "I would love to to something like that. I would love to do something probably more like Avatar than Tintin. I like the idea of something that is a little more… complicated. I love the idea of a ‘cartoon’, but I would like it to be sort of very, very dense. And, in fact, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea will be probably 70% CG. [...] I love motion capture and think it’s only in its infancy, and eventually there won’t be a difference between motion capture and acting. Because that’s all motion capture is, is being able to capture acting."

Can't wait to see some first looks from this project! I'm a big fan of Fincher and all of this in 3D (especially the fact that it will be underwater) is going to be massive.

Source: /Film

Contact Me

Jim Dorey
Editor-in-Chief
jim (at) marketsaw (dot) com

All contents Copyright © 2006-2021, MarketSaw Media. All Rights Reserved. All copyrights and trademarks on this website belong to their respective owners.