Google+





Saturday, July 28, 2012

MUST WATCH: First Trailer For SILENT HILL: REVELATION 3D Remembers The Magic!

I am a huge fan of SILENT HILL from it's video game beginnings to the first movie. Now comes a much anticipated sequel and it looks to be captured some of that (dark) magic once again.

For me it wasn't the creatures as much as it was the town that got to me. I was really hoping for more of that feeling of dread in this one. The trailer reveals some of what I am looking for, but also a desire to show off creatures in full light - something that I am uneasy with, because I am a bit of a purist with this series. After all, it's more of a psychological horror than anything else. I won't go into specifics right now because I don't want to ruin the trailer for you, but all in all my anticipation is still very much there.

But oh, that town. The presence of a wicked unknown, bridging what's real with the supernatural. It's such a tricky place to finally reveal the evil behind the dread so I will reserve full judgement until after seeing the movie, to which I will be first in line. The falling soot and ashes will look SPECTACULAR in 3D, especially as this movie is being shot in native 3D using 3ality Technica rigs! Such a great setting, one of the best I have ever seen. SILENT HILL affects my location writing more than any other movie (yes, I'm writing!).

GAME OF THRONES talent clearly has an impact on the casting as Sean Bean returns to the franchise bringing Kit Harington along with him.

Here's the movie's storyline:
Based on the groundbreaking video game franchise, SILENT HILL: REVELATION 3D is the sequel to the hit film SILENT HILL, which opened to number one at the U.S. box office and took in nearly $100 million at the worldwide box office. Featuring an unparalleled horror experience, Konami’s Silent Hill franchise has captivated fans for more than a decade and has spawned a hit comic book series, graphic novels, collectible action figures and numerous soundtracks from rock bands. In SILENT HILL: REVELATION 3D, Heather Mason (Clemens) and her father (Bean) have been on the run, always one step ahead of dangerous forces that she doesn’t fully understand. On the eve of her 18th birthday, plagued by horrific nightmares and the disappearance of her father, Heather discovers she’s not who she thinks she is. The revelation leads her deeper into a demonic world that threatens to trap her forever.

SILENT HILL: REVELATION 3D opens on October 26.





Contact Me

Jim Dorey
Editor-in-Chief
jim (at) marketsaw (dot) com

All contents Copyright © 2006-2021, MarketSaw Media. All Rights Reserved. All copyrights and trademarks on this website belong to their respective owners.