Google+





Tuesday, June 03, 2014

Second HERCULES Trailer - SPOILER!!


Yeah I have to shake my head at this one. Outside of being a pretty good indication that the movie seems to be an action juggernaut, there's a spoiler in this trailer that made me stop and wince. I thought there's no need to include that one line in this thing, but there it is.

I will tell you below this line in white text - just highlight the area if you want to read it.

**SPOILER BELOW**

The trailer invest significant time I believe to the development of the love interest of Hercules. She is shown many times and it seems to me to be a major part of the movie and to Hercules' character development. Later in the trailer the narrator states "Revenge your family" while showing a shot of the women and their children I am assuming. Also, the narrator says "The Gods that have killed your family". *SIGH* I hate that marketers these days think they can get away with things like that.

**SPOILER ABOVE**

Moving on, I enjoyed the rest of the trailer but I DO NOT recommend watching it if you want a pristine viewing experience going into the theater.

The practical effects look AMAZING in this movie, but I'm not convinced yet about the visual effects. Something about the multi-headed water beast (Hydra?) bothers me. The lines are TOO sharp to me. Motion blur seems lacking. Perhaps in 3D it will all work out - I'm hopeful.

Dwayne Johnson is Dwayne Johnson. Charismatic, owns the screen and instant audience interest in his well being. I really want this thing to work but I don't know how well they have delivered yet.

HERCULES opens on July 25 in 3D, IMAX 3D and flat. This is a 3D conversion.

Contact Me

Jim Dorey
Editor-in-Chief
jim (at) marketsaw (dot) com

All contents Copyright © 2006-2021, MarketSaw Media. All Rights Reserved. All copyrights and trademarks on this website belong to their respective owners.