Google+





Friday, March 21, 2008

Guillermo del Toro Hinting At Only Directing The First Hobbit Movie




I have said here before and I will say it again
- del Toro loves "The Hobbit" and truly gets it, but his grasp of other Tolkien works, let alone trying to bridge "The Hobbit" and "The Fellowship of the Ring" is sorely lacking.

Here is an quote from a recent (March 18th) interview of del Toro with TORn:


“At this stage anything I say is of no consequence for I am not yet signed to do “The Hobbit.” Negotiations advance but are still ongoing.”

“All I can say is that I am diligently going through all Tolkien material related to Middle-earth but only as a way of bridging a gap in my reading. I still respond the strongest to “The Hobbit,” but as an avid reader of Mythology I find a lot of his other writings fascinating. A perfect Cosmology forged from very eclectic sources.”

This is his del Toro's own admission and I don't hold it against him at all. So when it comes down to directing the two Hobbit movies our theory still holds a TON of water: Jackson will helm and produce the SECOND Hobbit movie meshing together the Hobbit and LOTRs eras while del Toro will direct with Jackson producing the first Hobbit movie.

Of course Jackson could just helm both. He has managed to have Spielberg direct the first Tintin movie (that we predicted here) to free up time for such endeavors. We also continue to think that Zemeckis will helm the second Tintin and Jackson bringing up the the third.

And yes, we are still certain that both Hobbit movies will be shot in 3D. Awesome stuff.

Still trying to get word from my sources on up to the second developments! Stay tuned...

Contact Me

Jim Dorey
Editor-in-Chief
jim (at) marketsaw (dot) com

All contents Copyright © 2006-2021, MarketSaw Media. All Rights Reserved. All copyrights and trademarks on this website belong to their respective owners.