Google+





Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Dreamworks Animation's "How To Train Your Dragon": Potential Animation Style And Character Attire

** SAME DAY UPDATE: The blogger contacted me right away and asked to remove the images and I am complying 'cause I love Dreamworks Animation that much! Sorry if you missed it! I recommend subscribing to ensure you get the posts ASAP...

Jim here. Just came across some images from a blogger (name withheld - don't want to get her in any trouble - tho I don't think this would count) who is working on "How To Train Your Dragon" (HTTYD), a 3D animation from Dreamworks Animation. She is quite talented it seems.

In fact, she took the time to draw and color a couple of her co-workers in what seems to be HTTYD attire (hint - very viking!) - I have seen other concept images of work in progress (here and here) on this particular 3D animation and let me say that it looks awesome. I think it is safe to say that we are getting a taste of what the characters will be wearing and perhaps animation style from these images.

MarketSaw's Project Status:
Release Date - March 26th, 2010
Voices - Gerard Butler, America Ferrera, Jonah Hill, Jay Baruchel and Christopher Mintz-Plasse
Director - Peter Hastings
Producer - Bonnie Arnold
Story - Based on the book by Cressida Cowell
Storyline - "Comic adventure is set in a mythical world and centers on a scrawny teenage Viking who must capture and subdue a wild dragon"

Oh and I guess DWA is not going for complete authenticity here as Vikings did NOT wear horned helmets - at best it would give their enemies a suitable grip while slitting throats! Not a good thing during those times I am sure... But, the imagery is awesome of course!


Contact Me

Jim Dorey
Editor-in-Chief
jim (at) marketsaw (dot) com

All contents Copyright © 2006-2021, MarketSaw Media. All Rights Reserved. All copyrights and trademarks on this website belong to their respective owners.