Google+





Friday, August 26, 2011

GAMING UPDATE: HALO Going 3D *AND* MasterImage's Glasses Free Display - 500 Times Better Than The 3DS!

Time for a 3D gaming update! And it's a humdinger on two fronts...

Microsoft's humungous gaming franchise HALO is going 3D for the upcoming November release of HALO: ANNIVERSARY. The game will be a reboot of the original HALO game made (can you believe it) 10 years ago.

Further it is the first of the lot to NOT be made by Bungie Software. Really looking forward to this!

*AND*

Word is starting to get out about MasterImage 3D's new 4.3" WVGA (this is the same one I reported on back in May). Venturebeat's Dean Takahashi demoed one recently and was suitably impressed.

Says Takahashi: "The quality blew me away. On a 4.3-inch WVGA screen, Taylor showed that he could demonstrate a 3D movie running in stereoscopic 3D. I didn’t need to wear glasses to see the sharp 3D imagery. When I moved my head, it didn’t get blurry. And if I moved my head too far to the side, it gracefully transitioned to a two-dimensional image."

Roy Taylor, EVP & GM For MasterImage 3D recently said: “We’ve measured their alignment accuracy and we believe we’re 500 percent more accurate than the 3DS. We don’t have any issues with eye strain.”

I was not impressed with the Nintendo 3DS from the very start. In fact the best thing about it was their marketing I suppose. I found the screen to be headache inducing and just not a pleasurable gaming experience. Personally I think Nintendo should seriously consider the cell matrix parallax barrier technology from MasterImage 3D for any future handheld needs.

But that's not the end of the product line from MasterImage 3D. 7" and 10" tablet screens are coming this fall! Stay tuned!!

Source: VentureBeat

Contact Me

Jim Dorey
Editor-in-Chief
jim (at) marketsaw (dot) com

All contents Copyright © 2006-2021, MarketSaw Media. All Rights Reserved. All copyrights and trademarks on this website belong to their respective owners.