UPDATE: It seems blogger restricts the size of the image - use these Picasa links (by clicking on the thumbnail below) and then click download just above the image!
Jim here guys. I just got what is probably the only version of this image in high resolution on the Interwebs. The original low rez was here. You have GOT to check this Hi Rez out. The detail is amazing... here is what I have made out so far - but there is so much going on in this one shot! The full resolution shot is REQUIRED to see what is really going on. Comment as to what you see as well so we can flesh out what this photo really means.
1. Through the far curtained wall you can make out what seems to be an alien "tree", but it only slightly resembles what our sources had discovered outside of the LA callback location set back in April. Note that it is all stark white (Not Tony Stark Hot Rod Red!) - a placeholder for CGI for the director/actors to reference?
2. Some MDF rocks and boulders along the left side. Their massive sets used a great deal of MDF in Wellington, New Zealand.
3. The motion capture suits that MarketSaw exclusively uncovered for you here and here again back in April are pictured at work here. NOTE the location of what seems to be tails in red (on one of the horses as well as the mo-cap actor on that same horse - on his back?? This actor seems to be wearing a different suit - a different species?) and the Na'vi hair in red and blue on all the other mo-cap actors. What a cool luminescence on those mo-cap suit reference points! They are not powered either - they were glowing like that while hanging in wardrobe.
4. I can make out what SEEMS to be some sort of flying creature prop (Banshee?) in the back beside A-5 (follow the gridlines on the floor) as well as another mountable creature (A-1) to the right of it.
5. You can just about make out the image on the large monitor on the right wall - I have blown it up below (two shots - one in normal color and one in serpia) as well with comments.
6. What on earth... errr, on Pandora is that dude holding at J-4? A prop for a creature, plantlife or what?
7. Of course tons of cameras and equipment. Can you make out very small cameras along the top right framework?
Sound off! What do you make of the details in this first ever look at the AVATAR mo-cap set?
What is on the monitor? Looks like a creature in the top right corner walking from left to right - is that "hair" flowing behind the head? Whatever it is - it certainly seems alien. You can see what seems to be plantlife to the left of the image. And perhaps Pandora's landscape in the background - looks to be high mountains with sheer cliffs with very flat tops like buttes?
If any of you can manage a better enhancement from the hi rez shot let me know!
Man oh man - this movie has got me so damn pumped up and it is still 15 months away!
Comparing what we already know to be an accurate silhouette of a Na'vi from Pandora, do you think that one of these creatures is being portrayed in the performance capture set photo? My belief is yes. That silhouette by the way has been verified by another source of mine that I trust immensely. It is the real deal.
We need a trailer! Let's hope Zoe Saldana was right when she said we may have something by Christmas of this year!